Plants Featured in this Clip
Iris virginica 'Dauntless' 'Copper Lustre' 'Mary Geddes' 'Chivalry' 'Bride's Halo'
- he founding members of the Middle TN Iris Society were Catherine Averitt, Millie Wilder and Eleanor Boyson.
- The original iris beds were not raised. However, the change was necessitated due to the large amounts of rainfall that would settle into this hollow.
- While there was once Louisiana iris and Japanese iris grown here, the garden now features mainly bearded iris.
- Two beds feature only Dykes Medal of Honor Winners. This prestigious honor is awarded by the British Iris Society to the best iris developed by an American hybridizer annually.
- Several Dykes medal winners were produced in Region 7 of the American Iris Society: Dauntless, Copper Lustre, Mary Geddes, Chivalry, and Bride's Halo.
Iris 'Quaker Lady' 1909, Iris 'Lionel-Choo Choo' 2015, Iris 'Star Gate' 2002 were featured.