- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios or almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add egg mixture, beating until a dough forms. Add nuts and cranberries, stirring to combine.
- Spoon dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into one log or divide dough in half and shape into two logs. Bake 35-40 minutes or until firm. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Transfer logs to a cutting board and slice on the diagonal with a serrated knife. Arrange slices on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn slices over and bake another 10 minutes. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Yield: 36 biscotti