Peach and Crab Salad with Yogurt Poppyseed Dressing
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1-1/2 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced cucumbers
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 8 lettuce leaves, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together yogurt, poppy seeds, jalapeno pepper, orange juice and 1/4 cup of lime juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together crabmeat, remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, mayonnaise, scallions, red bell peppers and cucumbers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss peaches with half of yogurt dressing.
- Place a mound of lettuce in the center of each plate. Fan the peach slices on top of the lettuce and spoon crab mixture in center. Drizzle with remaining yogurt dressing. Top with freshly ground black pepper.
Yield: 4 servings