Red Potato Soup
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3 medium onions, julienned
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 pound Gorgonzola, crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat until hot. Saute onions and garlic until tender, 5-8 minutes.
- Add wine and reduce over high heat until 1/4 cup liquid remains, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stock, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Strain and puree the solids in a food processor or blender. Return mixture to the pot. Bring soup back to a simmer and stir in vinegar, hot sauce and Gorgonzola.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Yield: 6-8 servings