Chocolate Amaretto Silk Pie
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 TBSP Amaretto liqueur
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell
- fresh raspberries
- Place chocolate and butter in top of double boiler where with water simmering over low heat. Allow chocolate and butter to melt slowly, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar and flour, stir well. Gradually add whipping cream. Cook, stirring constantly for 20 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Gradually add one-fourth of hot mixture to egg yolks. Stir well, then add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat and add Amaretto.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature.
- Spoon into pastry shell and chill for 2 hours. Cut into wedges and serve with fresh raspberries.
Yield: 8 servings