Cumin-Roasted Chicken Salad with Roasted Jalapeno Dressing
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 chicken breasts, bone in
- Roasted Jalapeno Dressing
- 3 jalapenos, roasted, peeled, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- freshly ground black pepepr
- To prepare chicken: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together cumin, coriander, chile powder, salt and pepper. Loosen skin of chicken breasts and rub meat with spice mixture. Place in a roasting pan and roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Remove and discard skin and shred meat. Set aside.
- To prepare the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together jalapenos, garlic shallot, vinegar, lime zest and juice. While whisking, slowly add olive oil. Whisk until dressing is thick and emulsified. Whisk in cilantro and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To assemble salads: Arrange greens, tomatoes and sweet pepper on 6 individual plates. Top with the chicken and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6-8 servings