- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onions or shallots
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh thyme or cilantro
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh basil or sage
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. When foamy, add the onions and cook 2-3 minutes to soften. Add the wine and continue to cook until evaporated, about 6-8 minutes. Add the herbs and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and cool completely. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining butter. Mix well and wrap in plastic.
- Chill well and use within 1 week if refrigerated, or 2 months if frozen.
Yield: 1-1/4 cups