Shrimp Wraps with Pesto Dipping Sauce
- 2 whole green onions, finely minced
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, shelled, deveined, and finely chopped
- 1TBSPAsian chile sauce
- 2 tsp dry red wine
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds, toasted
- 30 wonton skins
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 TBSP finely minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 TBSP white or red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Asian chile sauce
- Prepare filling by combining green onions, shrimp, chile sauce, and wine, mixing well.
- Trim wonton skins into 2 and a 1/2 inch circles. Place 2 teaspoons of filling in center and moisten edges with water. Fold in half over filling and press together to seal. Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil. Add wraps and give a gentle stir. Cook until all float to the surface, about 3 minutes. Gently drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add pesto and toss.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve at once.
Yield: 6 - 12 servings