Spinach Artichoke Pastries
- 1-1/4 cups cooked chopped spinach
- 1 can (14-ounce) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- Thaw puff pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels. Stir together spinach, artichoke hearts and next 5 ingredients.
- Unfold one pastry and place on a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to remove fold marks and flatten. Spread half of spinach mixture evenly over pastry sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Roll up pastry, jellyroll fashion, pressing to seal seam. Wrap in heavy duty plastic wrap. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry and spinach mixture. Freeze 30 minutes and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 4 dozen