Tennessee Apple Crumble
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 cups peeled, chopped apples tossed with lemon juice
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples and stir gently to coat. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Combine oats, 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar, pecans and butter in mixing bowl. Use fingers to blend until crumbly. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
Yield: 4-6 servings