Walnut Date Torte
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one crust on a lightly greased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Press out fold lines.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Add flour, cinnamon, dates, walnuts and coconut, mixing well. Spoon filling onto crust on cookie sheet. Spread to within an inch of edges. Brush edges of crust with water. Top with second crust and crimp edges to seal. Brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Yield: 8 servings