Plants Featured in this Clip
Iris virginica ‘Natchez Trace’
- IRIS ‘Natchez Trace’ was hybridized by J. Wills and registered in 1964. It is a showy tall bearded iris with a bloom color of wine with rose red standards and brown red falls.
- Over 64K daffodils bloom in the front lawn along South Curtiswood Drive during March and April. Thalia, Ice Follies and Hillstar are the varieties of Narcissus planted.
- This garden was designed in a Colonial Revival style to match how a garden would have looked at the time that the Residence was built. It has 2,800 square feet of garden space.
- After research found that the Wills family had a greenhouse, the original foundation was located and used as a key component of the restoration project.
- To submit a field trip request, visit www.tn.gov/residence Field trip season is mid-March through mid-November.
To submit a field trip request, visit www.tn.gov/residence Field trip season is mid-March through mid-November.