- Invasive plants deplete soil nutrients and moisture from nearby plants, making growth and regeneration harder on the native species.
- Winter creeper (climbing euonymous) and honeysuckle is capable of engulfing trees and shrubs, causing their collapse.
- Bradford pear, or Callery pear, is not a good landscape option. It has been found to have invasive traits that enable it to spread aggressively.
- At a minimum, Nashville Chew Crew flocks are comprised of 20 sheep and 2 livestock guard dogs. Larger projects may require as many as 60 sheep.
- Nashville Chew Crew is the first step in eradicating invasive plants. Roots and stumps also need to be removed and there are various methods to accomplishing that.